- The first study on ancient Mycenaean and Minoan mtDNA.
- A study on haplogroup E-M78 subdivisions.
- A study on Minoan civilization origins.
- Successful extraction of autosomal DNA from prehistoric humans.
- Correlation of recently selected genes with IQ and/or personality.
- Even more debate between demists and acculturationists regarding the spread of the Neolithic.
- Even more debate between assimilationists and non-assimilationists about the Neandertals.
- At least one paper from the Genographic project in a venue other than National Geographic about some obscure people that no one has heard about but everyone will talk about for days. The paper will have a feel-good message about the unity of mankind.
- The French will continue to remain a genetic mystery, but there will be at least three more studies on Jewish population genetics.
January 03, 2006
Looking forward to in 2006
I have already posted some of the highlights of the past year. Here are some of the things that I am looking forward to this year, partly inspired by John Hawks' oracles: