At the beginning of this year, it may have been tenable to consider ethnic groups as mere cultural constructs, divorced from nature; at its conclusion, this opinion has been conclusively falsified.
It is now clear that ethnic groups are not only cultural-political formations, but also (at least in part) distinct biological entities, emerging naturally as clusters of similarity from the genetic continuum.
- 300K SNP paper on European genetic substructure
- New paper on genomic differences between Ashkenazi Jews and Europeans
- New study on global human variation based on SNPs and CNVs
- Huge paper on human genetic relationships based on 650K SNPs
- 500K SNP study of Oceanian populations
- 500K SNP Europe-wide study of genetic structure
- Population structure in Japan with 140k SNPs
- Genetic structure in Northern Europe with 250K SNPs
- Geography and Genetic structure in Europe (again)
- European population structure with 300K SNPs and 6,000 individuals
- Genomic substructure in Finns